- The Haydn Effect: Child is witty and quick on his feet, quite often bringing a grin to the faces of those around him. Despite this he exhibits remarkable humility.
- The Bach Effect: Child memorizes Scripture and says his prayers every day; may overwhelm listeners with his speech.
- The Handel Effect: Much like the Bach Effect; in addition, the child may exhibit dramatic behavior.
- The Beethoven Effect: Child develops a superiority complex and is prone to violent tantrums; is a perfectionist.
- The Liszt Effect: Child speaks rapidly and extravagantly, but never really says anything important
- The Bruckner Effect: Child speaks very slowly and repeats himself frequently. Gains a reputation for profundity.
- The Grieg Effect: This child is quirky yet cheery. May be prone toward Norwegian folklore.
- The Wagner Effect: Child becomes a megalomaniac. Speaks for six hours at a stretch.
- The Schoenberg Effect: Child never repeats a word until he has used all the other words in his vocabulary. Sometimes talk backwards or upside-down. Eventually people stop listening to him. Child blames them for their inability to understand him.
- The Ives Effect: Child develops a remarkable ability to carry on several separate conversations at once.
- The Stravinsky Effect: Child is prone to savage, guttural and profane outbursts that lead to fighting and pandemonium in preschool.
- The Shostakovich Effect: Child only expresses themselves in parent-approved ways.
- The Cage Effect: Childs says exactly nothing for 4 minutes and 33 seconds. Preferred by 9 out of 10 classroom teachers.
- The Glass Effect: Child repeats one word over, and over, and over, and over....
wait, it just occurred to me––
why, in the MRA mindset, is it all right to reduce all feminists (or, um, women) to one big giant mean group, but it is THE WORST THING when women don’t see each individual man as the complicated sum of his life process?
for some reason this particular hypocrisy is really striking to me
ETA: NEVER VISIT THE MISANDRY TAG OH LORD
Because, as a whole, feminists and MRAs are too egotistic to see they are, apparently, fighting for the same thing.
I am very dubious about the fact that MRAs and feminists are fighting for the same thing. That does not seem like the case to me.
Ostensibly, this is true. If MRAs were truly interested in gender equality, feminists and MRAs would be natural allies. But… MRAs aren’t interested in gender equality.
Instead MRAs overwhelmingly tend to be misogynists, and blind to fact that all of the toxic tropes of masculinity that exist in our culture are founded in sexism against women. Men have trouble keeping custody of their kids? Women are expected to be mothers — and nothing more than mothers. Male rape and molestation is wildly underreported? Men are supposed to be gagging for sex all the time (men are the aggressors in our social structures of romance and dating, and women are the resistors) and admitting this isn’t the case, or that they weren’t “strong enough” to fight off their attacker, is feminizing and a source of shame. Men are expected to be emotionless and stoic, and aren’t allowed to have tender or loving or sensitive nonromantic relationships with each other or other women? Or their children? Women are supposed to be emotional and irrational; showing that you, as a man, are emotional and irrational is, again, feminizing and a source of shame.
MRAs refuse to acknowledge this dichotomy. Most of the ones I’ve had the misfortune of dealing with insist that women are just as responsible for rape (it’s assumed that 99% of rapists are male, regardless of the gender of their victims); that the pay gap is a myth despite overwhelming evidence that it isn’t; have no understanding of feminism and assume that all feminists hate men and want to establish a matriarchy, or that a matriarchy currently exists; and generally hide behind their overwhelming fear of women with completely fucking delusional beliefs about what equality entails.
It’s been said before, and I’ll say it again: men are afraid women will reject them. Women are afraid men will kill them. Misandry annoys. Misogyny kills.